Friday, June 24, 2011

Mozzarella, Tomato, and Strawberry Salad


This salad is on the schedule for this week for French Fridays with Dorie and as luck would have it I was taking a mozzarella making class tonight. We learned a method for making mozzarella in about 30 minutes. It turned out swell and it was nice to be able to make this salad since the cheese is not as stable as mozzarella made in the traditional manner so it is best to eat it the same day. I liked this salad since it was so simple to make and it's delicious and will no doubt make it again.

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful that you made your own mozzarella. I can't believe you can make it in just 30 minutes. Your salad looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always fascinated watching cooks make this on TV. I think it's
    great that you made your own and I'll bet it was delicious. I didn't
    care too much for the strawberries in the salad, but Tricia's family
    liked her results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could go to a cheese making class! It must taste even better knowing that you made the cheese. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete